We are getting so close to the start of our Virtual Academy on Tuesday, September 1! Teachers and staff are busily preparing for YOU! In this installment you will find important information to help YOU prepare for our year together!
Family Orientation – See the teachers and pick up supplies.
- Families are invited to come to campus on Thursday, August 27. If you are unable to join us Thursday, items may be retrieved Friday and Monday. Contact the school office to make arrangements.
- Each family just needs one slot to pick up supplies and textbooks for all students TK- 8.
- During their selected time window, families will drive onto campus, be greeted by teachers, and receive a bag with their materials. TK-Grade 4 families will queue in the main lot. Families with 5th – 8th grade students will be served in the East Lot. Come to campus and we’ll direct you accordingly!
Family Tech Check – Monday, August 31
- Students will visit their virtual classrooms on Monday, August 31, between 9:00-9:30 for a virtual technology check. We want to be sure everything is working and if not, the Tech Support Team will be standing by to help solve any issues. We hope to get everyone up and running so that Tuesday morning we are ready to roll!
- Links to Zoom Rooms will be available in Google Classroom
Your student will need the following materials both at home and when in the classroom. You can choose to purchase one set that your child will bring to campus when we return or purchase two sets, one for each location.
Teachers will inform you of additional supplies as needs arise. Junior High teachers will post additional needs in Google Classroom.
Please complete your child’s workstation with the following items easily accessible:
Crayola colored pencils
Crayola markers – fine line and broad tip
Black Flair pen-Art
2-Dry Erase Markers (3rd-8th)
6-8 Grade Supplies
All of the items from TK-5 PLUS…
Ruler (must have a metric side)
Suggested Family Supplies
Printer paper and ink
An Effective At-Home Workspace:
- Remove clutter and distraction— Choose a quiet, distraction-free workspace
- Evaluate and adjust for Lighting— Natural light is always best
- Provide proper seating at the table/desk but also have some soft, comfortable seating where students can move to for reading, etc.
- Have supplies easily available see supply information below.
- Keep Time — Visual timekeepers are a great help to students when they leave their workspace/computer for reading, PE, enrichment etc.
- Give everything a home — Hooks for hanging headphones, jars for keeping and displaying supplies, charging stations for tablets, containers for textbooks.
- Equipment & Electronics— See Technology Guidance attached
See attached 2020-2021 school calendar. Here are a few updates to our calendar this year:
- Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences: We fully intend to hold conferences but believe it to be prudent to get into the year and see what develops before committing to dates—which may need to be changed.
Special Fall Events:
- It is our commitment to plan a day to honor our grandparents at a VIRTUAL TK-8th Grade Chapel. Although not the Grandparents Day we’ve held in the past, we greatly value this hallmark of our program and look forward to be able to include all students TK-8th and their loved ones, as well as family members from far and near.
- We’re also planning on hosting a special Veteran’s Day Virtual Chapel on 11/11, join us!
We are eager to see you and anticipate a wonderful year ahead!