As we approach the end of this very different school year, we are all wondering, “what’s next?” We want you to know we have a plan. Well, several plans, depending-on how events unfold. Our first hope – and goal – is that we will be back in the classrooms with appropriate health and safety measures in-place to keep our students and staff safe and healthy. Should this not be possible, there are options for us to continue with our very successful “virtual” academy or even do a combination of both traditional and distance-learning. We do not have all of the answers yet, but please know that we are prepared to move in whatever direction we need to in order to keep our students learning and safe.
It’s important to realize that none of the success we have had these past few months would have been possible without our incredible teachers. I’m so very thankful for these adults God has brought to our program. Because of them, we are running school every day at near full-capacity.
Not only that, we are doing it with live instruction, via our virtual classrooms for all our K-8 students. Our enrichment programs (art, Latin, library, music and PE) are even providing daily lessons! Please check-out the rest of our website and our social media to see what has been happening.
For a more in-depth look at our plans, here is an overview of the information communicated to our current NorthCreek Academy families.
- We are committed to doing school in the fall. We intend to offer our same, high-quality education program come August.
- We have every desire, hope, aim, and prayer that we will be able to safely return to our classrooms.
- Please set aside Tuesday, August 25, as Orientation Day, and Wednesday, August 26, as our first day of school.
- We are bound by directives of local health agencies and state mandates, and we are committed to considering the health and safety of your children and our staff in any decisions made.
- Our Virtual Academy has been successful and doable. This is a good thing, should we need to “pivot” back to this model in the fall, should authorities consider it necessary.
- We are aware of the many differing opinions on the matter. We are also aware there are different models as to how schools provide their education. Each model has its benefits and challenges, and we are studying them all.
If there’s any way we can return to campus for fall, we will. But, we have plans in case we are unable to do this.
We know that our Heavenly Father WILL guide our steps. He can’t help but be faithful to do so, because He promises it, and He’s THE ultimate promise-keeper!