ONLINE AUCTION 101
Our online auction is quickly approaching (starts Monday at 9am to be exact!) and the auction committee has created a list of advice to help you navigate our online catalog and strategically bid for your desired items.
Whether you’re a veteran online bidder or you’re new, these tips are still helpful for all who are participating in our online auction.
TIPS and TRICKS
- Bookmark the Auction Website and Set Up Your Account: Go to auction.ncapschool.org and create an account if you haven’t done so already. If you purchased a t-shirt or donated an item last year through the online form, you already have an account.
- Vault Your Credit Card: This will save you time at then end of the online auction.
- All bid items are available to place your bid until Wednesday, December 16 at 10pm.
- Favorites: While perusing the catalog, you have the ability to add items as favorites by clicking on the heart icon on the item thumbnail. By clicking on My Favorites, you can view and track all of your favorites on one screen!
- Sorting Filters: The online catalog provides many different ways to sort through the items. We encourage you to look around this weekend when the online catalog opens, use the different filters to find your desired items.
- My Bids: You can view all items you’ve bid on by clicking on the My Bids link to see all your bid items in one place.
- Max Bidding: The bidder with the highest bid at the closing time of our auction is the winning bidder. However, the website manages bids similar to eBay. Each item has a minimum start bid with a designated raise amount. When you place your bid, you are telling the website your max bid amount that you are willing to go and the website will automatically place your bid at the next raise step until you’ve reached your limit. For example: the item is currently at $65 with a $10 raise, you can put in $110 as your max bid amount, the website will place your bid at $75 since you are currently the highest bidder. If someone else came in at $85, the website will automatically bump you into the $95 slot and so forth until your max bid has been outbid. You will be notified via email or text (if you checked that option in your account settings) that you’ve been outbid at your max bid amount of $110.
- Many people wait until the last hour or two to place their final bids so be sure to stay near your computer Wednesday night.
- All winning bids are final. It is the winner’s responsibility to pay for and manage any unwanted items; the school is not responsible to resell unwanted items.
- Given todays climate, we recommend you redeem your gift certificates as soon as possible to ensure you will be able to enjoy your item.
If you have any questions about the bidding process or the online auction, email Courtney Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy bidding and thanks for supporting our school!